Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 01:12:13 GMT by Maria
Hello, I am trying to complete the Certificate of Residence form in order to claim tax relief from the greek tax authorities, and I would like some clarification regarding the “Details of request” page. I am a UK resident with only income as an UK company employee. I don't have any income from Greece I understand that based on my circumstances the most suitable option is “Other reason”. However, I am a bit unsure what is considered the “Amount of the other income received”? Is it my salary? For instance, If my only income was my UK job with salary £100 per month, and I would like to request the CoR for the period of 01 Jan 2023 – 15 Jul 2023, would I fill in “Amount of the other income received” field £600 (ie income of £100 x 6 months -from January till June 2023)? Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:14:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
It is the same form that you submit.  
If you have no foreign income to declare, then show this as ""0"".  
HMRC receives a large number of requests for a ""Certificate of Residence"" from individuals who need to prove that they are resident in the UK for tax purposes.  
Many of these requests are made in order to meet a requirement of a local law in an overseas country, rather than to claim the Treaty benefits of a double Taxation convention.  
As you do not have any income from overseas, it is not appropriate to issue a ""Certificate of Residence"".
In these circumstances, we can only issue a signed ""Letter of Confirmation of Residence"", which should be presented to the Greek authorities.  
The letter of confirmation of resident is sufficient for the Greek tax authorities.
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 23:46:14 GMT by costasioannou
This is in relation to someone who is resident in UK and has no income in Greece i have been given a form by an accountant in Greece called Titled FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE DOUBLE TAXATION CONVENTION BETWEEN GREECE AND THE UNITED KINGDOM Needs CERTIFICATION BY THE TAX AUTHORITY OF THE BENEFICIARY’S RESIDENCE COUNTRY also needs to be signed stating the Place and date Signature ................................... Designation ................................. Official Stamp of the Tax Authority where does this form has to go which department
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2024 12:54:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please see guidance at How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad

You must be signed in to post in this forum.