Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 08 Sep 2023 12:50:58 GMT by agunner
My income from employment is going to exceed £100k this tax year. My employer only offers a salary sacrifice pension scheme which I understand does not reduce my adjusted net income. To reduce my adjusted net income, I understand personal pension contributions qualify. That being the case, can somebody advise me: 1. If I make personal pension payments, how do I report these to HMRC - is it via an annual self assessment? 2. If so how do I ensure the childcare account remains active between now and completing a self-assessment at the end of the tax year? 3. Do I need to make regular pension payments throughout the tax year or can I wait until near the end of the tax year to do this (as I do not know what my income will be until then as much of my earnings are commission based) Thank you. 2.
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 11:54:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You would only report it through Self Assessment if you meet the criteria to complete one.
You can check that here
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
Please see Tax on your private pension contributions for reporting contributions outside of Self Assessment.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.