Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:04:55 GMT by
I permanently moved from Romania in 2017, where I've worked as a teacher before moving to the UK. I currently work as a qualified teacher here, and I would like to transfer my work years of service into the Teacher Pension Scheme, which is my current pension provider. I was wondering whether this is something that would qualify within the QROPS scheme. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:51:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Marina A,
As long as your Romanian pension scheme meets QROPS standards, then there should be no issues.
Please have a look at:
Overseas pensions: pension transfers
For more information and also chat with your UK pension provider, who will be in a better position to give you advice on this matter.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.