Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 13:59:47 GMT by
Hi, how would I declare a transfer of under £10,000 (around £6000) from the USA to UK? It would be a business transaction but most of it would be used to pay for feed and vets bills, as it's being used to care for some animals in the UK on the US citizen's behalf. I usually have little to no income as I am employed locally on a zero hours contract (casual work) which only pays up to £200 per month on average depending what shifts they have available and otherwise receive benefits Many thanks
Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:39:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would class this as self employment. the income would be your turnover and you would claim expenses for the feed and vet bills.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.