Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Sep 2023 08:47:29 GMT by Bobphick
Having issues with income tax. I have contacted hmrc 5 times now online, twice in May, twice in June and once this month. Although for June it says "completed", I have recieved no response to my emails. It concerns my former employer keeping on their book for the 2022/23 tax year even though I haven't worked for them since February of 2022. This has caused my earnings to appear much higher than they were and hmrc now say I owe them 1500. I have provided all contact details of my former employer who said it was a mistake on his accountants part. I have also provided contact details and name for said accountant. I had a lenghty phone call on 30th August with a hmrc agent who said things would be looked in to and I am not expected to pay anything until investigation is finished, if at all. By my calculation I over paid tax by about 600. Can anyone advise me of a time scale hmrc will take to sort this out ?
Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 13:38:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

If the employer submitted incorrect pay and tax details then they will need to submit correct details online. Once received we would then reassess the tax year. If you have not yet contacted the employer to submit the corrected details then if you can this would allow the employer to amend the details. To check on the current position you would need to contact our Income Tax team to check.

Income Tax: general enquiries  

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 18:01:58 GMT by Bones Rct
Hi in 2019 I start to empty my pension fund, no problems, I emptied the whole of my fund, about a year later i received a letter saying that HMRC had got it wrong and that I owed nearly £3000,and that I to pay HMRC the balance back because you had got it wrong . Before i ever received any money HMRC took what I owed not a problem,but now I’ve had a debt agency get in touch demanding the said money,how can I appeal this any help appreciated, or better still squash the bill all together. Thanks
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2024 10:02:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Bones Rct,
To advise you correctly on what tax is outstanding on your pension drawdown, what has already been paid, and what your options are, we would need to access your record. To allow us to do this, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.