Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 06 Apr 2024 11:55:31 GMT by Andrew Mills
I have recently retired (31/3/24) and am now in receipt of my state pension and a private pension. Together they amount to £35,723 per annum. However the tax office has estimated my annual income for 24/25 to be £59,372 and that I will be paying income tax on £45.676 which is more that will actually receive ! My new tax code is K548 How can this possibly be correct and who do I need to get in touch with. Thanks for any advice.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:28:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Andrew Mills,
If you have a personal tax account you can amend your estiamted income online to update the  tax code:
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Alternatively you can contact HMRC to review:update:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.