Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 09:19:30 GMT by
Dear Sir/Madam, I have received a letter dated 01-06-2023 stating the amount of GBP100 to be paid as penalty for SA Late Filing for Year Ending April-2022. This amount is now appearing as GBP 1321.46 which included accumulated further penalty and interests. Following are some of the facts: - I left UK on 19th October 2020 - I have filed the Tax Return for year ending April 2021 on 25th April 2021 - I have also submitted for P85  on 22nd March 2021. Please find as attached. - I will not be returning to UK in future for employment to best of my knowledge I had made all possible actions to ensure the UK Tax matters are clean post my departure from the UK With the above declaration, especially P85 (which is attached), I have understanding that I need not have to file tax return and hence I think that the penalty is not due. I would request you to help me to get the penalty waived off and also confirm that I need not have to file further returns. REgards, Debashis

[Reference numbers removed - Admin]
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 14:44:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

You can check if you meet the Self Assessment criteria here:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

If you do not you can send a referral to review and close. Once closed this will cancel the penalty charges. Alternatively, you can contact our Self Assessment team to review,

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.