Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 12:05:18 GMT by
Hi, The 2022/2023 tax year was my first one in the UK and I had a 1257L tax code. However, since April the tax code has changed to BR. I have tried to use the "check your Income Tax service" to update it back to 1257L but I have been unsuccessful because I get this message: Sorry, there is a problem so you cannot use this service This could be because: you do not pay Income Tax by Pay As You Earn (PAYE) you have more than one income and we do not know which one is your main source of income Could that be because my tax for 2022/2023 has not been calculated yet and the system considers I'm not under PAYE? Is there any other way to update my tax code? What do I need to do? Thank you in advance
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:44:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If the code is BR and this is your only source of income you will need to contact our Income Tax team so that we can change the code.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.