Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 12:30:02 GMT by Katie Watts
As of July I will be working 3 jobs - 2 will be PAYE and 1 is self-employed. I currently work 2 jobs - 1 PAYE and 1 self-employed, so will just be adding a second PAYE job. 1 PAYE job will be 2 days a week and the other will be 3 days a week, with my self-employed work being ad-hoc. I am wondering what I can/should expect in regards to tax, and whether this will affect the tax paid on my self-employed role?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2024 09:31:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You can earn £12,570 tax free in the year, represented by the tax code 1257L. Whichever PAYE employment has this code allocated to it will have these tax free allowances applied to your income from that employment. Your other PAYE employment, and your self employment, will be charged at the basic rate of 20%.

However, depending on your income levels, your allowances can be split across your employments, and any unused allowances will be applied when you file your tax return. If you want to discuss the tax due on your specific income in more detai, please contact our Self Assessment team.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.