Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:44:27 GMT by
Dear all, Please can you advise me on the following: I left the UK last year, completed the P85 etc and am about to get some tax repayment from HMRC for the tax year 2022/23. However have just been informed by my ex UK-based empoyer that I still might get some little income (bonus) from them I didn't know about. This is really only a few 100 GBP. However as it is a taxed income, this will still be reported by my ex-UK-employer to you as it will be transferred to my still existing UK bank account. I asked my employer in the UK they said they won't issue the P45 again as it was a one-off document that cannot be issued again. So what do I have to do this tax year with this small one-off amount? Do I have to do a self-tax assessment/return, complete again the P85 etc or..? As I have left the UK for good and have a new employment and residency abroad I do not have any plans to move back to the UK again. But what about this one-off new payment? Do I have to report it to anywhere at HMRC or re-complete a P85 or not as it is just enough that my ex-UK employer reports it to you and that's it? Thank you for sheding some light on this!
Posted Tue, 18 Jul 2023 14:22:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Your employer will pay this income in the 2023 to 2024 tax year and will report it to HMRC.

If they tax it, you will need to complete form P85 to claim a repayment of the tax. If no tax is deducted, then you do not need to do anything.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.