Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Feb 2024 12:57:17 GMT by Sean
Upon checking my Personal Tax Account out of curiosity, I discovered that my old Limited Company, which was dissolved in 2020, is listed within the current tax year of 6 April 2023 to 5 April 2024 in my income tax history. This is despite it showing an end date of January 2020 for my employment within the limited company, and I haven’t been employed since then. Furthermore, when I checked the Income Tax comparison for the current tax year and next tax year, it shows my only limited company with an estimated income of around £8k. However, this isn't even possible since I left employment via my limited company in January 2020. What's even more interesting is when I checked the HMRC app and tapped on PAYE, under the "Current employment income" header, it states "Our records show you have no current employments," which is true. But underneath that, there is a section called "Employments that have ended since 5 April," and it shows my only limited company with an estimated taxable income of £8633. However, when tapping on that, it takes me to the website and says: "Income Tax and National Insurance paid from 6 April 2023 to 5 April 2024 (COMPANY NAME) LTD has sent us this information. This employer told us how much you were paid up to January 2020 when your employment with them ended." How can my company send information when it doesn't even exist anymore? The tax years from 05 April 2020 onwards show No PAYE Income Tax history for this year, which is accurate, but for some reason, it is showing this tax year with my limited company, a start date of April 2018 and an End date of January 2020. I just find it odd that it is showing this. Is there any reason why it would show this?
Posted Mon, 26 Feb 2024 20:39:30 GMT by Sean
For the record, I meant 'old limited company' - not 'only limited company'! This was a typo on my part, and I apologise!

Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 06:55:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sean Reilly,
It's possible that, as you have no current PAYE income, your online record is using your last example of PAYE income as a placeholder.
You may want to contact Companies House, though, to confirm everything is resolved with your old limited company.
You can reach them here:
Contact Companies House.
Then get in touch with us by webchat or post here:
Income Tax: general enquiries 
Where we can review your PAYE record.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.