Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:25:15 GMT by
I have dual nationality in the UK and Libya, however I currently reside and work in Libya and do not visit the Uk for more than 90 days per year. A portion of my salary is paid into my non-UK bank account and a portion into my UK bank account. However I pay tax on the gross amount in Libya. Can you tell me if I should be paying personal tax or completing any sort of assessment on the portion of salary paid into the UK account please? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:22:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Aisha,
Please refer to guidance here: 
Tax on your UK income if you live abroad
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.