Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 07:03:53 GMT by APK035462
Hi please can you share HMRC guidance regarding Concessionary Cash Basis for bonus paid to the secondee to UK? Please also confirm that below comments in Concessionary Cash Basis Undertakings form means that no foreign tax credit is available in UK tax return for income tax paid overseas on the same bonuses. "For double taxation purposes, the total bonus will be sourced on a payment date basis so there will be no question of claiming tax credit relief against the UK liability on bonuses following the arrival of the secondee in the UK."
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:46:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It is not clear what you are referring to. Cash basis is normally for self employed individuals and no country has been referred to for double taxation relief.

However, UK income received once you are seconded here is taxable on a receipts basis which means it is taxable in the year it is paid.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.