Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:52:02 GMT by
Hello, I hold a double passport from EU and UK and I have been living in the UK for the past 7 years. I will now start a new employment in Italy, but I will spend a lot of time in the UK too as my child and husband will continue to live here. I have two questions for you: 1. If I transfer my residency to Italy and pay income tax there, will I need to pay tax in the UK too, or I am exempt? 2. Can I transfer my money to the UK without paying tax (as my salary will have been already taxed by the Italian authorities). Thank you
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:20:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Katerina Targotay,
Your tax residence is a matter of fact and its not a choice to transfer it.
Please refer to:
RDR3 Statutory Residence Test.
This will then determine where the tax is paid.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.