Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:23:41 GMT by NevanP
Hello HMRC Team, I was hoping you could help me understand the stages & time frames of the tax refund system, having just put one through, there is a lot of inconsistent information. I spoke with HMRC on Monday on the phone who were helpful and able to run a tax calculation for me. I was told this would come by post within two weeks, however I got an email from HMRC the next morning saying the calculation was done and I needed to log on to my Personal Tax account to claim. So on AM Tues 23rd Apr I put through the claim, and the refund is now showing as "HMRC is processing your refund". Could you please explain the process currently taking place, it's average time frame, and any steps that might follow? Ultimately I'm looking to get an indicative idea of when the refund would reach me. Many thanks
Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 10:41:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi NevanP,
As soon as your tax repayment was calculated, it would have been available to claim online, which you received notification of. If you then requested online to have your repayment refunded to your bank account, this can take up to 10 working days. If you have not received your repayment after 10 working days, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries and we can give you an update.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.