Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 10:00:40 GMT by Sharon Chassing
Good day. I have received an email from HMRC regarding my new Tax Calculation. I am aware that I am due a Tax refund as I left my job in August 2023 to do some Volunteer work in Africa and this is where I am currently. I used to have a Personal Tax account but this was de-activated by HMRC shortly after Brexit. I have been unable to verify my identity ever since, I assume this is because I have a French Passport. Please can someone advise as to how I will be paid my Tax rebate? I have tried unsuccesfully on numerous occasions to verify my identity online. Options included British drivers licence and a P60. I have the licence but I have a P45 and not a P60 and I have not been able to verify using this. I am at my wits end here and would appreciate some advice as to how to proceed. I am not due back into the UK until January 2025. I am currently in a remote location with limited access to Wi-fi. Kind regards 

Name removed admin .
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 09:08:15 GMT by Sharon Chassing
Good morning HMRC. I have not received an answer from you regarding my original question. Please can you advise as to how I request my tax refund to be paid by cheque? My existing Personal Tax account was closed by HMRC after Brexit and I am no longer able to verify my identity online. This is incredibly frustrating as I have dutifully paid taxes and NI contributions since 2013. Kind regards Sharon

You must be signed in to post in this forum.