Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 03:25:49 GMT by Shuk
Hi, I was approved to live in the UK under the BNO scheme. I went to the UK in April 2022 and activated my status. However, there was some urgent matter that I had to leave after staying in the UK for 2 months. I have been living in Hong Kong since then. I will sell my apartment next month and will have a gain. As I am not a UK resident now, do I need to pay capital gain tax?
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 09:54:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If it is a property in the UK you may have a gain to report and pay.

Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax

If it is in Hong Kong, there is no UK gain but you will need to check your own tax laws.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.