Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 00:02:48 GMT by
As checked on HRMC website, no self-assessment is required for my case. I am employed and have PAYE record. 1) My questions is, how to report the saving interest income to HRMC if no self-assessment is required. If by writing, what is the address and what information I have to provide? 2) Understanding the bank will inform HRMC for the interest. When will we receive the tax calculation on saving interest income after each tax year end? Thanks!
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 13:27:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You can do this in writing by sending a letter to:

HMRC,
PAYE & Self Assessment,
BX9 1AS

Please ensure your National Insurance number is on the letter.

You can also do this in your personal tax account:

Personal tax account: sign in or set up

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:24:58 GMT by
Same situation for me. Have an online tax personal account. Entirely unclear how exactly to add estimated interest for the current tax year to my online account! Can you tell us exact steps and (or) how to exactly. classify this addition as there is no obvious category for savings interest that can be set against a personal savings allowance. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 23:30:48 GMT by
Found out how to add savings interest in, finally; but only by going to the website directly. Turns out, the section on adding investments in wasn’t available via the HMRC app on my device…. No wonder I have been struggling!
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 12:38:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jack Chase,
You can send details for 22/23 in writing to:
HMRC PAYE & Self Assessment BX9 1AS.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.