Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 Oct 2023 13:44:13 GMT by
Hello, My name has been misspelled on my gov profile, most likely when I've changed my last name. Someone change it from JoannA to JoannE. I've submitted multiple change of name forms since noticing it in April. Three of them are marked as completed, therefore my name still is spelled wrong! I'm getting really desperate - I moved UK two months ago and I need P85 and U1 to register in other country, but I can't as my name is incorrected. It's really frustrating and causing me really big problems as I can't register to job centre here etc. as again no U1, because my name is wrong. I want to close my tax residency in UK as it needs to be done and again, I can't - can't have wrong name on P85! I can't believed it's already 6 months and it is still not corrected. Please help as this situation is truly a nightmare for me and causing me massive problems after moving. Thanks. Joanna
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 10:29:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

If you are unable to amend your name online then you will need to contact HMRC to review and update. See link below:

Contact HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.