Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 08:04:32 GMT by Mubin Chachia
I have moved to the UAE and I am a current UAE resident. I completed the P85 form for leaving the UK way back in August. The form status says its complete but my tax hasnt changed. Shouldnt I be changed to a NT tax code since the UK has a double tax agreement with the UAE (which has no income tax). Is there anything my employer should have to do as well? Also how can I contact HMRC since I am still in the UAE and cant call them on the phone.
Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:19:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mubin Chachia,
Please note we will require to access your tax record to check the status of your P85 form.
Please see Income Tax: general enquiries
Which gives you the various methods of contacting us if you are unable to do so by phone.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.