Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:06:26 GMT by
When I reach retirement age, I will be eligible for a full UK state pension but I'll also be eligible for a partial Dutch state pension having lived in The Netherlands for a number of years (all while The UK was still part of the EU). My questions is, how does this work - do I receive both and have to declare the Dutch pension as income on a self assessment? if so would that just fall under standard income tax rules? Would the same apply to any income from private Dutch pensions too? Thanks
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:31:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are UK resident and domiciled then, yes, you need to declare the foreign income. You can see guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.