Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 07:53:22 GMT by
I am a non-residential landlord (NRL) for the past 3 years and will move to the UK in March, 2024 with BNO visa and become a resident in the UK. I would like to know 1) do I need to fill in any form to inform HMRC my change of residency? 2) I was given a UTR and NI number as a NRL for submitting the tax return in the past 3 years. I plan to find a job in the UK, Do I need to obtain new UTR and NI once I arrive UK ? 3) How to obtain the new UTR and NI if the answer to Q2 is yes? Thank you for your time and kind assistance
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:54:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
  1. You will need to notify the NRL team that you are now resident. You can see guidance here: Non-resident landlords: detailed information    
  2. You will continue to use the same UTR to report all your income.   
  3. Not applicable.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.