Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 06:12:35 GMT by
UK resident( non citizen) daughter has shares India but does not pay any taxes in UK on the dividends and appreciation of the India investment. Is she liable to pay taxes or report these in UK for the income generated in india? Later she becomes UK citizen but still does not report these there a violation
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 17:05:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Motimoti Bij,
Please refer to guidnace here:
Remittance basis 2023 (HS264) Updated 6 April 2023
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.