Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:54:10 GMT by
Good afternoon We regularly reclaim excess tax deducted on dividends from a Swiss company, which requires HMRC to confirm our UK residence on Swiss form 86. It's always taken some months to get the stamped forms back from HMRC, but we're still waiting for the return of the ones sent in June 2022, or indeed any reply. Is there a particular problem with this department? Should we re-send the docs? thanks
Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:09:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi 
swisstaxreclaim stillwaiting,
Given the excessively lengthy delay in getting your forms 86 stamped, I would suggest calling our helpline for a full update (as forum advisors are unable to access individual customer records or correspondence).
Dealing with HMRC
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:47:07 GMT by
HMRC Admin 25, I'm a little confused by your post. In the post which I submitted for moderation a couple of hours ago - and which has not appeared - I reported that I did call the helpline, and was told that I could expect the form back by the end of October. I did query the 16 month delay, and was told that there was a backlog. Others who've had the same problem might find this useful information.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.