Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 06:56:23 GMT by mui wong
Dear HMRC, I applied BNO Visa and will enter into UK this summer. My HK employer will terminate my employment in HK by 31 July 2024. Before that, I'll come to UK for the period between 1 Jun to 30 Jun for settlement preparation, then fly back to HK for work for the period between 1 July to 31 July. My payroll will cut off on 31 July. I will subject to HK income Tax till 31 July 2024. When I apply Split Year Treatment, the start date in UK in SA109, shall I in put 1 Aug 2024 ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 10:53:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mui wong,
HMRC cannot advise you as it is for you to determine this based on the guidance available:
RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: Contents
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.