Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:07:20 GMT by
Hi I am planning to leave the UK. My last salary will be at the end of April 2025, and I may stay in UK until July 2025. Once I move out of UK, I will relocate to Italy, where I do not plan to work, and live just out of my saving. For the UK Tax Year, I will not be UK Tax Resident for 2025/2026. Given that I have only one salary in the tax year 2025/2026, my income will be quite low compare to the previous year. Do I need to notify HMRC about it so less taxes will be deducted from my salary? In Italy, the tax year goes from Jan to Dec, and given I am moving back to Italy in July, I will not be a tax resident in Italy in 2025 (less than 6 months), and I will become tax resident only in 2026. I have a gap from July to Dec 2025 in which I am not a tax resident in UK and neither in Italy. Is it correct from UK point of view? Regards
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:25:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi zano76,
HMRC cannot comment on future events as legislation/plans may change.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.