Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jul 2024 13:01:10 GMT by hkbnotaxtax
Hi team, I will be taking in part in start up programme and will be receiving start up fundings (up to GBP 10,000) to my personal bank account. The start up's business will not be in the UK but overseas. The fund will be provided in two payment with GBP5,000 each time. I would like to know if this will be taxable as income tax? Another question is, if I open a company in another country to receive this fund, will it be taxable? Thanks in advance!
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 10:38:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Please refer to:

Apply to use the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme to raise money for your company

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 13:06:28 GMT by hkbnotaxtax
Hi team, Thank you for the information about the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS). However, I am still seeking clarification on a couple of specific tax-related queries that were not addressed in your previous response. To reiterate: I will be receiving startup funding (up to GBP 10,000) directly into my personal bank account. The startup's business will be based overseas and not in the UK. The funding will be provided in two installments of GBP 5,000 each. Will this funding be subject to income tax in the UK? If I open a company in another country to receive this funding, will the funding be taxable in the UK? The information provided about SEIS is useful but does not address these specific concerns. I would appreciate a direct response to these questions so I can proceed with the appropriate tax arrangements. Thank you for your assistance. Best regards,
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 14:17:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

We can only provide general information / guidance in this forum. 

For an answer to a detailed question of this nature, you would need to contact our self assessment helpline on 0300 200 3310,
or seek professional advice. 

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.