Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 13:38:32 GMT by dee
Hello, As a higher rate tax payer, I have just been told that I can claim tax relief on my pension contributions over the basic 20% that the pension provider claims. Please, could you direct me on how I can claim this for previous years?
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 08:55:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please contact our Income Tax team to confirm the pension contributions you made and we can process your claim from there. For claims of over £10,000, we would require you to provide evidence of those contributions.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:50:15 GMT by rabbitking
Hi Doesnt it depend on how you contributed in the first place? If Salary sacrifice you cant as you never paid tax at source therefore benefited. if NET, then yes but only up to 3/4 years ago?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:35:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
No tax relief is due on pension payments made under salary sacrifice.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.