Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 06 Sep 2024 17:50:04 GMT by Dennison67
My situation: My employer and I were making contributions during the past tax year to NEST. I was contributing £1000 per month and my employer £150 (the numbers are indicative). My employer filed one month incorrectly on the NEST platform and that means that for this month the contributions look vice versa, i.e. my contribution as £150 and my employer's contribution as £1000. Therefore, for this month, tax relief was not claimed on the correct amount (it was claimed on £150 instead of £1000). My payslips show the correct contributions and my employer says that they made a mistake. However, neither NEST nor my employer seem to be able (or willing?) to fix this mistake, because my employer no longer has access to the platform. My question: Since NEST has not claimed the 20% of tax relief on the additional £850, would I be able to do so via my self-assessment? Would HMRC have a problem with this since NEST has the incorrect amounts filed in their records? (although I do have my payslips showing the correct amounts as I said) Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2024 09:12:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Dennison67,
Unfortunately, it is not possible to check individual tax records through this forum, please contact our helpline:
Income Tax: general enquiries
On this page you will also see a link to Personal Tax Account: sign in or set up which may help to review information relating to pay and tax history, tax codes and how to change them.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.