Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 17:01:22 GMT by winglam
If the tax payer has claimed the marriage allowance (transfer in) through the self assessment by using a commercial software and submitted online, does her husband need to do the same by click the transfer out in the self assessment tax return? If both have done this procedure, does the husband need to apply it online through HMRC (assuming the husband transfers the marriage allowance to his wife)? Rdgs, Karen
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:29:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If the marriage allowance has been claimed correctly on the Returns then it should be given in the year of claim. 

Based on the information you have provided it would appear it has been done correctly. 

For us to check this for you please contact the Self Assessment helpline on 0300 200 3310. 

Please also see :

Apply for Marriage Allowance online  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.