Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 13:50:58 GMT by PeterB1001
Hello, I'm an individual investor looking to explore opportunities under the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), but I'm having difficulty finding a way to verify the EIS status of companies seeking investment. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a public resource or tool available to investors to check whether a company has been approved for EIS or if they meet the necessary criteria. Given the importance of this information for making informed investment decisions—and considering the tax reliefs involved—it's quite concerning that this isn't more accessible. Can anyone confirm if there is currently a way for investors to check a company’s EIS status directly? If not, are there any plans to introduce such a service, or is there an alternative method that investors should be using? Any guidance or clarification from HMRC or other knowledgeable members of this forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Posted Wed, 04 Sep 2024 08:45:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi PeterB1001,
The company must meet HMRC compliance in order qualify. If you invest, they must be able to provide you with a certificate that confirms their reference - Apply to use the Enterprise Investment Scheme to raise money for your company.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.