Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Dec 2023 11:33:25 GMT by
Hi there i am a UK resident, self-employed, and been asked to supply an item (digitally) to a company in Italy. they have asked me to supply a certificate of residency for tax purposes, so i don't get taxed twice. i have found the online form to do this on your website (Request for Certificate of Residence in the UK), but it asks the following questions: Are you arriving in or leaving the uk? arriving/leaving Do you meet the conditions of the overseas automatic tests 1, 2 or 3? (no idea what this means) Date of your departure from the UK Date you stopped living in the UK I am doing none of these things (as i'm just sending some files online), so can't answer these questions. what should i do? is there a different form for such circumstances? Cheers
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:45:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Its only this form in order to get the certificate. You will say that you are arriving and when it ask the date of arrival that will be from when you were born. The overseas automatic test does not apply to you nor does the date of departure.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.