Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 16:10:36 GMT by
Looking for help from anyone who has successfully recovered DWT paid to Ireland Revenue as a Non-Resident tax payer (reside in UK for tax). I have shares in a company registered in Ireland (traded on NYSE in USD). Ireland Revenue receives 25% withholding tax when dividends are paid quarterly by an intermediary. This intermediary does NOT handle claims or exemptions for non-residents they simply deduct and pay over 25% to Ireland Revenue and deposit the balance 75% in my broker account. I am trying to figure out the DWT Refund forms / process to recovering tax paid from the Eire Revenue (NOT the HMRC Foreign Income SA106). The Irish forms are confusing on what is needed to correctly complete the Irish forms (V2A / and or DWT Form 1) Also whether my status is actually fully exempt non-resident or due refund of 10% difference of the 15% DTA with UK. I have never been resident in Ireland for tax.I have a declaration of non-resident status from HMRC but it seems this is not complete. If the forms are incorrect then refunds are denied... Onus is on me to figure it out (what's new?). Anyone help? Thanks
Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 11:40:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi,

I regret that we cannot help with the completion of another countries tax forms. 

You will need to contact your local tax office in Ireland for advice .

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.