Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 28 Jan 2024 20:59:52 GMT by
I'm planning to buy a motorhome and rent it for most of the year (as an individual not a business, it's going to be my additional income). What tax will I be paying on that income and in what section on self assessment shoud I include it. Thanks
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 12:29:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The income should be declared as UK rental income. The amount of tax due depends on the profit and your overall income for the year.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:08:57 GMT by
Thank you so much for your reply. Should that be declared as UK "property income" or "furnished holiday income"? Not sure... Would appreciate your advise on that. Many thanks.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:03:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi AB,
Please refer to:
PIM4110 - Furnished holiday lettings: qualifying tests for 2011-12 onwards (IT and CT)
If it meets these conditions, it is a furnished holiday let, if not, it is normal income from property.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.