Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 08:37:42 GMT by
Hi I am an Australian working as a contractor for an Australian company, while being in the UK for a few months on a Youth Mobility Visa. I am: - Being paid into my Australian bank account - Reporting to the Australian office but working physically in their UK offices - Not an employee (I am a contractor) - Not a UK tax resident in either the 22/23 or the 23/24 tax year based on the online test Does this constitute UK or foreign income? What will I need to do from a UK tax perspective in either case? Am I carrying on a business in the UK? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 12:26:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Remoteworker1,
As  you are not a UK resident, it is not foreign income and you are not carrying on a .
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.