Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 18:40:59 GMT by
After filing a return on the 6th of April, I am yet to receive my refund. I have contacted HMRC on numerous occasions and been told many times that they will contact me. I am currently in an IVA, but have been told by my IVA practitioner that my refund is due to over payment of tax and therefore I am entitled to it. Contacted HMRC again today to be told I cannot contact the department that deals with this and nether can the people who answer the phone when you contact HMRC, also that there is no time frame by when this matter can be sorted. The person I spoke to said that the Bankruptcy department would have to decide on the case, but surely it is not up to them as my IVA company are administering it. Any help?
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:39:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
In these cases the Self Assessment department are unable to issue the repayment.
When you make contact they send a referral to the Bankruptcy team who will review the situation.
If they require any further information they will contact you or the IVA practitioner.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.