Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 08:34:49 GMT by Tomas Loucky
Hello everyone, Could someone please advise me on how to report income from abroad for tax purposes? I've received a little income (less than £10/month) from SkillShare and need to report it. However, I'm not a sole trader or a company or anything for that. If someone could share an article that explains this or just point me in the right direction where to go and what to do it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to figure it out by myself but I'm confused. Thanks a lot. Best, 

Name removed admin 
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 14:21:29 GMT by Joseph K
This article about the annual trading allowance from the Low Incomes Tax Reform Group may be of help: https://www.litrg.org.uk/working/self-employment/trading-allowance.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:20:12 GMT by Tomas Loucky
Hi Joseph, Thank you for the article, it's very helpful! However, I'm still unsure so I hope that someone might comment here. Although my income from abroad will definitely be under £1k/year I also have other income. Recently, I started a limited company which is unrelated to this so I'm not sure to what extent it affects that. As I read more it seems like it would be more trading incomes which makes it more complicated. I'll see if someone kindly advises, otherwise, I guess I'll have to look for some professional advice. Thank you. :) Best, Tomas
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:58:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tomas Loucky,
Please refer to guidance at:
Tax on foreign income
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:35:21 GMT by Tomas Loucky
Hello, Thank you very much for your reply. :) Best, Tomas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.