Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:22:25 GMT by David Lockwood
Hello,  I'm a Canadian citizen. I was trading spot gold on a platform called OTOFPR Limited based in London, UK last fall at the direction of a friend I met on the internet. I traded up to a profit of 115764.82 USD and was told that I had to pay British Personal Income Tax on that to the amount of 46,300 USD to get my funds released. I struggled to come up with the funds to cover it until I finally finished paying it via crypto currency last week. OTFPR Limited has said that they remitted my taxes to the British Tax Bureau but that they are keeping my account frozen pending an investigation of this friend whose advice I was following. My question is: how can I confirm that OTOFPR Limited remitted my taxes to the tax bureau...I'm worried that I may have been scammed because they keep making excuses not to release my funds. Here is their UK Gov business listing: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/15077946 [link removed by admin]
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:33:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
They should provide written evidence that tax has in fact been paid to HMRC rather then British Tax Bureau as this is not a government tax department.
You can then send that evidence to HMRC to allocate to your records if applicable.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:36:47 GMT by David Lockwood
Okay, thanks for getting back to me.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.