Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 23:11:54 GMT by
I have a Flexible cash ISA with Bank A . I have not used any of my £20K Current year Isa subscription . From my Flexible Isa with Bank A , I have made cash withdrawals of £3k in May 23 and £2k in June 23 . In August 23 , I made a partial cash ISa transfer of £6k to Bank B ( Bank B arranged the Partial Isa transfer ) . In Sept 23 , I made a further cash withdrawal of £4k from my cash isa with Bank A . Please advise how much I can repay under the Isa flexible rules into my cash Isa ( which has remained open ) with Bank A during this tax year . I believe the amount to be £9 k ( ie the sum of the 3 cash withdrawals made in May , June and Sept 23.) However , Bank A say the amount is only £4k . Ie I can only pay back the amount withdrawn after the Partial Isa transfer to Bank B in August 23 . Who is correct ? Thanks
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 11:44:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi ISAQuery128# Burnham,
Please refer to:
Withdrawing your money
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 12:41:43 GMT by
Thank you for your reply . I have read the article suggested but it does not answer the query I have raised in my last message . My query is quite specific . Please advise whether the answer to my question as to how much I can pay back into my flexible cash isa with Bank A under the flexible rules is £9k or £4k . Thank you
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 14:08:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

For an answer to a question of this nature, you would need to contact your ISA provider, the self assesment team, or seek professional advice.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 17:33:59 GMT by
Surprised that I cannot get an answer to a straightforward query from HMRC . Also do not understand why you are suggesting that I contact Self Assessment as interest earned from my Isa is not taxable !

You must be signed in to post in this forum.