Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 20:33:21 GMT by
I am seeking to repay an overpayment of wages with my employer. The issue I am seeking advice on is the actual amount I need to repay. I understand it is the net amount I actually received and that my employer needs to inform HMRC in respect of tax. My employer says I need to repay the gross amount and deal with tax myself even though I am on payroll.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 11:27:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi RPG1963,
If the repayment relates to previous years, it will be the gross amount for your employer to then submit revised end of year details once the full tax year has been repaid back.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.