Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 21:53:41 GMT by
Hi, I realized I've contributed to two Stocks and Shares ISAs with different providers in the same tax year by mistake. How can I rectify this? They are opened on different tax year but I have deposited in both of them this tax year, and I have only just learnt that this is not allowed, what should I do in this situation? Some people said I should contact HMRC.
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 11:45:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Zifeng Guan,
You will need to close one of them and HMRC will contact you in due course.
The interest earned in the one you close will now form part of your personal savings allowance.
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:43:55 GMT by Msp22 Spary
Hi.i have paid in to an stocks and shares isa's for the past 4 years,one which was set up in 2004 of which I pay 200 per month and the other has some shares which I moved into the other isa to protect from capital gains.i realised this mistake this week and have contacted the second isa provider about this.why has this mistake been missed by hrmc and the provider for so long? I know its my responsibility but surely there needs to be better safeguards. I don't know what to do.the shares when bedding to an isa was within the cgt limits in each of the tax years.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.