Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Sep 2023 13:58:30 GMT by andrewrb
I own a company registered overseas. It holds investments, the income from which is kept in the overseas company and not remitted to the UK. Is this income taxable in the UK?
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 06:48:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi andrewrb,
Unless you are taxed on the Remittance Basis, you should declare any foreign investment income (ie dividends etc) in the Foreign pages (SA106) of your Self Assessment Tax return.                            Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264) 
Tax on foreign income
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.