Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2023 13:53:44 GMT by Lucie Moore
I have legally changed my name on my passport and I need to get HMRC to change it. Normally you'd do that by logging in to your HMRC account. But I can't access my HMRC account through government gateway, because when I try they want to confirm my ID. They can't confirm my ID using my official docs because they all have my new name! I'm stuck in a loop and have not been able to get through on the phone. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 12:45:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are unable to pass the verification you will need to contact us by telephone or in writing.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.