Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 08:34:53 GMT by Jemma Norman
Good morning, I am a British citizen and my husband is an active duty Member of the US Air Force and will be PCS’ing (Permanent change of station) to Italy in September for 3 years. I, as his wife will be accompanying him on a mission visa & soggiorno permit as a command sponsored military spouse and named on the military orders as an accompanying spouse/dependant for the duration of the assignment. In this circumstance am I allowed to work remotely for a UK employer? If so, given the length of time there, assuming I would be subject to Italian taxes and eligible for a NT tax code?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 08:25:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jemma, 
You would need to complete a form P85 when you leave the country.
This will allow you to subit the details of your employment and your residency status.
From this form, if HMRC deems necessary, NT codes can be issued to a UK employment if the necessary criteria are met.
Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK (P85)
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 08:30:28 GMT by Jemma Norman
Hi admin So does this mean I am okay to still work on this visa and don’t need an alternative visa first? Thank you!
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2024 15:51:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
We are unable to give advice on visa's, however there is a link to some information on our website which you may find useful. Living in Italy

You must be signed in to post in this forum.