Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 21:39:50 GMT by
Hello, I’m an Italian citizen working in the UK. I pay taxes in the UK with PAYE as 1257L, but I have to submit the tax records in Italy as well, and pay the difference. The Italian tax agency is asking me to provide a document from HMRC that confirms the amount of taxes I paid during a certain year, and that I did not benefit from any refund or credit on these. Where can I get this document from? Is there an HMRC email address I can contact to request this certificate? For the avoidance of doubt, they are not asking for a certificate of tax residence, but for a specific document from HMRC that contains what is described above. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 07:51:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Eleonora,
You can view this on your personal tax account:
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
If they need this on headed paper, you can write in to ask for the details and specify the years required to:
HMRC PAYE & Self Assessment BX9 1AS.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.