Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:55:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Graham01,
You should expect to have a reply by 01/12/23.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 17:07:57 GMT by
Hi. I was told two weeks ago that my tax refund was send through additional security checks and due to some unknown mistake it was never processed. Although the advisor apologised for the mistake, I was told that I have to wait another 3 weeks for them to process it. I'm still waiting for the calculation or refund. No update on the website and still no help when calling HMRC. I can't wait any longer as I have urgent bills piling up.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:29:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi graeme.carrigan,

We could be waiting on some confirmatory information from your employer before we can calculate your rebate. Please contact us so we can confirm if anything else is required for us to finalise your calculation.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:52:36 GMT by
Nearly December and I’m still waiting for my tax to be calculated, getting a bit ridiculous honestly.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 09:36:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Kacper Ciupa,
I am sorry if your repayment has not yet been received.
We would need to access your record to check on the progress.
You can contact HMRC here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:52:42 GMT by
Hi, I have called HMRC several times. Every time, the advisor refused to give me any information. They even refused to transfer me to the manager claiming that he's too busy to speak with me. I'm constantly being told to wait and wait and wait. There's obviously something wrong with my tax refund. I'm not self employed. I earned only 12k but I was deducted more than 1k in tax. It is clear that I overpaid more than £800 but HMRC regularly ignores me. I'm waiting to the end of the week and then I will be claiming with company that helps with tax problems.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 22:06:45 GMT by
Could you please also review my case please? I earned within the tax free allowance but I was deducted more than 1K in tax. Still now, my tax has not been calculated yet according to my tax account. With my PAYE income tax and employment history readily available, why has this been such a complex process to handle? I’ve been waiting for a response since summer. If you need anything from my side for confirmatory information, please contact my employer otherwise, we would never know what went wrong?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 17:31:52 GMT by
Hello, I spoke to a HMRC agent on Friday about my tax calculation for the 22/23 tax year. I was told my tax has been calculated but they are waiting on some sort of confirmation from one of my previous employers, alothough they previously had the information to be able to calculate my tax but now saying they need more information. First question is how have you managed to come to a calculated figure but now can’t find the relevant information to process my tax return? I’ve been looking into it and the payroll company in question whose details are “missing” from my employment history is now dissolved. Everytime I speak to an agent I get different excuses Everytime. Is there anything I can do to speed this process up as you are waiting for an employer to reply which has dissolved now so I can only assume nothings getting done about it. Thank you
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 13:14:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Jamie,

We would need to wait until the details are received from all your employments before the tax year can be fully accessed. To check on the progress you would need to contact our Income Tax team to access and review your record.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.