Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:19:17 GMT by CYH
Hi, please see my case, I am not sure anything i missed. Our family moved to the UK in September 2022 We stayed in the UK for around 117 days in total (End of September 2022 - Mid of January 2023) After that, we back to the original country till now. During the time in the UK, I worked for a company for 30 days. That company sent my income figures to HMRC and I contributed NI for the 2022 - 2023 Tax year. No tax as the total income is lower than 12570 pounds in total. And my wife, she never work in the UK. After we left UK in the Mid of January 2023, we didn't come back to the UK Just want to see if anything we missed for the HMRC side? We used SRT and both of us are shown as "You were not a UK resident for the tax year" And I tried to use the tool for my wife "Check if you need to send self assessment tax return", but result "You do not need to send a Self Assessment tax return" Thank You
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 09:20:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

As you paid no Income Tax in the tax year that you were resident in the UK, there is no refund of Income Tax.  

Please have a look at the guidance here:

Claim a National Insurance refund

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.