Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:02:15 GMT by John
Hello, There is a UK property, which I owned for a number of years. I then gifted this property to my mother, who is non UK resident domiciled abroad. After a number of years my mother is planning to gift the same property back to me. I am a UK domiciled resident. Is there any tax implications for me in the UK? Thanks
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:24:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

When you gifted the property to your mother you would have been liable to capital gains and
the same will apply to your mother when she gifts it back to you.

Further guidance is at :

Capital Gains Manual   .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.