Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 12:17:13 GMT by FrancescaG
At what point do I need to provide my TRS certificate to my financial adviser and/or investment/trust provider? I meet with a financial adviser who sends my investment bond application form, a trust deed application, and a cheque for the initial investment to a UK provider. They set up the investment bond policy with the funds. On the same day they set up the trust and sends the deed back to me. A year later the trustees wish to withdraw some money from the investment bond for example. At what point is the provider obligated to see sight of the trust certificate? - With the application? In this case the trust hasn’t yet been set up until the policy is in place. If we pre-register the trust prior to application, the TRS will have the incorrect start date of the trust recorded. - After application – Should we send the providers a TRS certificate within 90 days once the trust has been set up? Should the provider send a discrepancy report if they do not receive the certificate? What if the provider does not chase this up and does not report? - When the trustees contact the provider for the withdrawal? Until they have sight of the certificate, they are unable to process the withdrawal request? Any help and guidance would be appreciated
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 14:31:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please contact the trust helpline on 0300 123 1083  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.