Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:26:51 GMT by Craig Davidson
Hello. I'm in a bit of a predicament. Amazon have put my selling account oh hold whilst it goes through the verification proccess. They have asked for a document which I have provided several times. The document i have tried so far are a self assessment statement and a confirmation of UTR, both of which have failed. I am using my personal tax gateway to complete my tax returns and have come to realise that the problem may be that on Amazon my business name is AirPixel and on my personal tax account associated with the UTR being used on Amazon is my own personal name and not AirPixel. As the Amazon account is in verification, I can not change the business name or UTR code and am just going round in circles with their useless sellers support. I'm wondering if there can be anything done at HMRC side to display a business name? If Amazon didn't owe me thousands I would just walk away but I need this resolving. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 10:49:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Craig Davidson,
If your Self Assessment account is not showing your business name then this would need to be updated.
If you contact HMRC this can be amended:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.